So, you are going to develop a web project but you barely understand the basics of programming languages or technologies your dev teams have proposed. Don’t fall into despair, you are not alone in this journey!
Let’s get started!
But what is it made for?
- Create new HTML tags, delete existing ones, change elements style, show or hide elements etc.
- React on users activity such as mouse movements and clicks, typing on a keyboard etc.
- Send request to the server and download data without reloading the page (AJAX technology).
- Receive and set up cookies, request data, display messages etc.
- Lots of other features and possibilities.
- This language is supported by all modern browsers and is included by default.
HTML5 is the new version of well-known HTML, it supports new tags and browser features such as:
- Reading and recording files on the disk.
- Built-in browser database allowing to store data directly on the user’s computer.
- Multitasking and simultaneous use of multiple processor cores.
- Video and audio playing without Flash.
- 2D and 3D drawing with hardware support ( for example in modern games).
Though many of HTML5 features are still developing, modern browsers start to support them over time.