Ukraine is the best destination for you to employ any ideas in Web and Mobile software. Thanks to its abundance of highly-skilled engineers, the country has become a leading software provider in Europe. Ukraine software development companies offer a rich list of advantages that can be divided into four groups: location, labor pool, work approach, and national mentality.
We’ve researched each of these benefits in order to get to the essence of outsourcing software development market in Ukraine!
Looking for Software Development Company from Ukraine
- Suitable time-zone – Ukrainian time-zone is only one hour ahead of European countries and intersects with Australian and American time-zones, so you can get in touch with outsourced developers team with no impact on your own working schedule.
In other words, Ukraine’s location allows better operational monitoring and gives ease of communication and project control.
- Recruitment capabilities – The absence of strong legal restrictions or trade unions makes Ukraine one of the Top 3 outsourcing destinations.
Ukraine is recognized as one of the best countries to outsource Web & Mobile development. Despite all political instabilities, the Ukrainian software market is growing rapidly. For now, it’s the only sector of the Ukrainian economy that is immune to the political and economic fluctuations. The sector is showing steady growth, that results in an increased number of jobs and salaries among the developers.
- No rigorous visa requirements – Easy to apply and obtain a work permit/residence for foreigners.
Ukraine is the largest country located in Eastern Europe. As it located on the crossroad of the Europe – Russia – Central Asia – Middle East trade routes, the country appears to be an ideal place to establish a management center that controls entire business activity in the region.
- Western orientation – Ukrainian software engineering industry is focused on the USA, European Union, and Australia market.
Major software development companies in Ukraine have a partnership with recognized brands and leaders in the Internet industry. They are cooperating with Microsoft, Skype, Deutsche Bank, Apple, Bosch, eBay, Dell, Microsoft, and IBM. More than a hundred global major tech firms conduct R&D activities in Ukraine that leads to cost savings.
Why Ukraine is the second Silicon Valley.
There are over 15,000 registered software outsourcing companies in Ukraine, most of them are integrated into the western business world. Visa and Uber invest in Ukraine and they tend to increase their influence on the market pouring latest electronics, marketing, and management trends into the country. Uber is even opening its office in Kyiv which is known to be financially attractive to international investors.
In 2019 Ukraine was proud to take 1st place in the category of Science and Technology among 153 other countries according to Good Country Index
The professional workforce is the second major driver for the booming software products development in Ukraine. Proficiency and intelligence of the country’s engineers are the key elements for great results.
In 2018 there were over 160,000 tech workers, in Ukrainian IT market, which is 26% more than in 2017. By 2020, Ukraine’s software engineers pool is expected to surpass the 200,000 mark.
Thanks to the high expertise of Ukrainian developers, the country retains leadership in Eastern Europe by volumes of orders in the region. Not to mention competitors: Russia, Poland and Belarus. The fact that 18 Ukrainian companies were included in the top-100 best IT companies in the world in 2018 speaks for itself.
- Strong skillset – Ukrainian software engineers and freelancers are skilled in a variety of technologies and often are familiar with multiple programming languages. Especially in web technologies as there is a long-lasting demand for such services on the inner market too. That is why it is advised to find contractors for web software development in Ukraine.
- Education – Thanks to the educational model with an equal interest in humanities and natural science, CIS engineers are well-known for their spacious mind and unconventional approach to problem-solving.
At least 80% of Ukrainian specialists hold a bachelor degree. Over 80% of them are under the age of 30. That Y-generation is literally obsessed with technical innovations and implement all novelties.
In addition, many businesses recommended Ukrainian outsourcing software teams because they are good in English that will make communication process easier.
- Affordable prices – Compared to those cheaper offshore destinations like India, Philippines or China, Ukrainian software outsourcing provides a superior price/quality ratio. If you want to feel the difference between the code quality of Ukrainian developers and those from India, you can always provide a code review. We bet the results will impress you deeply.
Compared to Western countries, with the average price tag ranging from 60$ to 100$ per hour, the developers from Easter Europe are paid from 25$ to 50$ per hour.
- Tech-savvy – Ukrainians are up-to-date with recent innovations, because of their location and western-oriented minds. The broadband here is obscenely cheap and reliable, so there will be no issue in terms of connection to the outsourcing team.
- Security – is one of the biggest risks that a company takes with outsourcing. Insurance of copyright is the main goal. Unlike Chinese law, Ukrainian legislation system guarantees copyright and has regulatory systems in place that enforce all NDA commitments.
- Efficiency – It can be proved by many successful results and implementations. A good example is Grammarly and Viewdle startup, which developed the Face Detection technology, that has become a part of Google.
Contacting Ukrainian dev companies you would be most likely provided with a project manager who will coordinate the whole process and be the bridge between you and your remote team.
Ukrainians have the ability, despite many others, to think from the client’s perspective. You won’t have any cultural barriers and our communication in traditional Western style always fulfills with a sense of humor but handles serious approach anyway.
Many software development companies in Ukraine provide “full-stack” development, mobile development, quality assurance. Therefore you can entrust the whole life-cycle of the project to one company that becomes your reliable outsourcing partner.
Cultural similarities allow you to find the most reasonable solutions in a more collaborative and less process-driven business environment. Compared to other great developer hubs such as India or China, Ukraine has less cultural differences with their counterparts. So you can be sure that Ukrainians are capable of implementing any top-notch ideas in reality.