Online food delivery market stands at $95 billion, a 1% of the total food market. Morgan Stanley Research sites $210 billion market opportunity for online food delivery. If you’re a business person from restaurant or food industry, those figures can’t be ignored. We don’t ignore these opportunities either.
From start let’s separate food delivery industry in two: fresh food delivery (delivery from a supermarket) and prepared food delivery (delivery from a restaurant, pizza, sushi, etc). Both niches internal competition and strong players like Grubhub, Deliveroo, Just Eat, Hungry House, Amazon Fresh, Hello Fresh.
Uber like app for delivery of fresh food may be a real success in big cities, where people have 10 hour working days and little to nothing time for visiting supermarkets. The second variant of an app for delivery of prepared food can be useful in small towns and suburbs, where local restaurants have not much to offer.
In whatever direction you’re looking there are essential features that should be in any mobile food delivery application.
Food Delivery App Features
- Payment Gateway – PayPal, Stripe or any other payment method you may prefer.
- Photo Feed – Effectively replaces all those photos of food on Instagram. May serve as an additional promotional feature for restaurants.
- Timestamping – This option allows users to track delivery speed and give you an opportunity to list restaurant according to their performance.
- Food Property Screen – Where restaurant and suppliers can list calories, ingredients, and description for their meals.
- Customizable Search – Let your user search food by a restaurant, cuisine, ingredients, taste preferences, etc.
- Review option – Most of us make a final decision on whether to visit a particular restaurant based on reviews. Let your users share their thought and make an informed decision.
- Customization – Especially useful option in pizza delivery industry. Although, this feature can be applied to ordering kid meals, Chinese food, etc.
How much does it cost?
To make an Food Delivery App you need designers, developers, business analysts, project managers, and hard work by many professionals. Usually price for such Food Delivery App starts from 30K per one platform (iOS or Android ) and it can increase, depending on the company you will choose. However, as we have ready-made developed modules as well as extensive experience making such applications, our prices are lower. We may deliver your own on-demand app with unique design developed specifically for your Food Delivery business for only about 10K.
We have been developing Food Delivery Applications for a long time. Thanks to this we accumulated a huge base of knowledge, expertise, and even ready-made MVP. Using such modules, we reduce app cost down to the most affordable on the market.
Want to Make a Food Delivery App?